Connect Your Marketing Objectives To Tactics With This Framework
Mapping a vision to a marketing strategy to tactics can be challenging and in our experience often becomes disconnected. Marketing plans and business cases have limited chances of success as a result.
A transformation agenda is a simple approach to getting your strategy on a page - connecting vision, strategy and tactics - giving you the best chance of success and of making your marketing plan measurable.
The Transformation Agenda
Marketers should beware of a vision masquerading as a strategy and the transformation agenda is a highly effective tool for getting to grips with your marketing objectives.
We have adapted the structure slightly and there are 5 layers to it:
- What you are going to do
- How you will achieve it and;
- When - the time frame you are operating to
Your transformation agenda
Your big moves
Ownership is going to give your big moves the greatest chance of success. Capture who is going to be accountable for their delivery and recognise that this is different to who will be responsible and to those who will be consulted and informed.
Why We Think It's So Powerful
- In one page you have captured your vision, strategy and tactics making it easy to communicate to a wide audience and seek their buy-in;
- It forces you to prioritise. There is always a danger that you will attempt to do too much.
- It's clear and focused. There is little room for ambiguity.
- It makes it easier to build a roadmap for each big move.
- And it makes it easier to set KPIs and track performance.